Cape Town - South African Airways (SAA) has confirmed it has had to cancel flights to and from Johannesburg and Hong Kong International Airport due to bad weather caused by Typhoon Hato.
“We have taken a decision to cancel our flights between the two cities due to unfavourable weather in the form of Typhoon Hato,” says SAA Spokesperson, Tlali Tlali.
The following SAA flights to and from Hong Kong International Airport will be cancelled. Passengers can contact SAA customer support for assistance.
Tuesday, 22 August 2017
- SA 286 from Johannesburg (JNB) to Hong Kong (HKG)
Wednesday, 23 August 2017
- SA 287 from Hong Kong (HKG) to Johannesburg (JNB)
Assistance will be provided to all ticketed passengers holding a South African Airways Ticket (only) via any SAA Call Centre, City Travel Office or dedicated Travel Agent with the following conditions.
Rebooking Conditions applicable
· Rebook onto another South African Airways flight for a later date at no extra charge and subject to availability of the same booking class
· Change of cabin will not be permitted
· Change of routing will not be permitted
· This policy is applicable to South African Airways flights only, issued on SA (083) ticket stock and not on separate tickets of other airlines
· Tickets must be re-issued on/before 25 August 2017
· Travel must commence on/before 29 August 2017
South African Airways Call Centre and City Office Contact details
Johannesburg Call Centre - 27 (0) 11 978 1111 or 0860 606 606
Hong Kong City Office - 852 2877 3277 Next Update | Subject to any changes in the current weather conditions.
What to read next on Traveller24:
- WATCH: Spectacular slow motion footage of great white sharks in Gansbaai
- WATCH: What would happen to SA if all the world's ice melted
- #PassengerNightmare: Man endures flight from UK to Cape Town sitting in 'somebody else's urine'