The Stellenbosch winelands, we all know. Same with Franschhoek.
But the Robertson Wine Valley, though home to some incredible big name brands like Graham Beck and Springfield wines and wine festivals like Wacky Wine, this area remains relatively untapped.
WATCH: 48 hours in postcard-pretty Stellenbosch
A big shame, as it's home to some of the coolest people, who produce exceptional quality products like olive oil, lavender essential oils, wine, craft beer and more.
Bemind, Lord's, Paul Rene MCC, Restaurant Succulent at Mo & Rose, Soekershof, Owl's Rest Olive Oil and Lavender Farm, Marbrin Olive Farm and Kranskop Wines - just a few names you may have encountered.
No? Well, these are all small businesses, some even call themselves 'micro-boutiques' situated in McGregor, Robertson and Bonnievale.
But trekking this valley, hopping from wine farm to wine farm gets one buzzed, lets be honest. And on a wine tasting/drinking day or weekend away, there is always one person in the group that won't be having a good time: the designated driver.
The Wine Valley Safari offers safe, reliable, convenient transport in an open-air safari vehicle, allowing you to fully breathe in and discover the Robertson Wine Valley in all its glory.
And glorious, it sure is.
Choose from self-guided hop-on hop-off routes to pre-packaged wine tasting tours including a Wine Appreciation Tour, Freestyle Wine Valley Safari, McGregor Village Day Trip or Sunday Safari.
WATCH: Go back in time by spending 48 hours in Montagu
Operational hours are Mondays to Sundays and bookings can be made online via winevalleysafari.com.
The safari vehicle follows a different route each day and every route has a unique adventure to explore. Be spoilt for choice from wine-, mcc-, craft beer, whiskey, gin, grappa- and olive tastings to food and wine pairings, a lavender farm tour, a river cruise, cellar tours, a cultural McGregor Village tour and amazing lunch spots.
Here is my quick guide:
- Take in the exceptional views at Kranskop Wines as you sip their delightful red blends.
- Do a tasting of Methode Cap Classique at Bemind, Lord's and Paul Rene MCC.
- Have a fine dining dinner at Restaurant Succulent at Mo & Rose, Soekershof. Every dish is prepared so thoughtfully and is best served with Kranskop wines and good conversation.
- Go walk among the lavender fields at Owl's Rest Olive Oil and Lavender Farm - and taste their delicious lavender muffins and lavender cordial. (Apparently, also excellent with gin and tonic).
- Taste all the olives and olive oil you can stomach at Marbrin Olive Farm. Believe me, you're going to want to taste A LOT!
Find Your Escape by searching and comparing flight prices here. You can also sign-up for the Traveller24 Weekly Newsletter – Subscribe here. Or download the News24 App here, to receive expertly curated travel ideas and deals directly to your mobile.