Cape Town will be the host of the first-ever World Travel Market (WTM) Africa Travel and Tourism Awards in 2020.
Scheduled for 6 April, these awards will set out to consolidate the various standalone awards that bring merit to outstanding travel and tourism businesses across the continent. Moreover, the awards will seek to unite and bring credibility to various travel and tourism awards.
SEE: All the big winners at the Africa and Indian Ocean edition of the World Travel Awards
These comprehensive awards will recognise and showcase those that embody a ‘gold standard’ in their chosen sector.
“Having spent many years in the travel and tourism industry, it has become apparent that we do not have one set of awards that covers its various sectors," explains Carol Weaving, managing director of Reed Exhibitions.
"We believe that one set of prestigious awards will further reward the efforts of tourism and travel businesses that go the extra mile.”
ALSO SEE: Africa Tourism Board launched to unite the industry's voice in the world
The Africa edition of the International Travel and Tourism Awards will cover important sectors in travel, giving merit and recognition to the travel and tourism companies that best personify the following categories:
1. Best National Tourism Board Campaign/DMO campaign
2. Best Regional/City Campaign
3. Most innovative use of technology within a destination
4. Best agency for tourism marketing
5. Best PR campaign
6. Best Digital Campaign in Tourism
7. Best Digital Influencer in the industry
8. Best Destination for Wellness
9. Best Destination for Responsible Tourism
10. Best Destination for Adventure Tourism
11. Best Destination for Food Tourism
12. Best Destination for LGBT Tourism
Entries are open and submissions can be made here.
Find Your Escape by searching and comparing flight prices here. You can also sign-up for the Traveller24 Weekly Newsletter – Subscribe here. Or download the News24 App here, to receive expertly curated travel ideas and deals directly to your mobile.