Book your spot at one of SA's hottest travel planning events as 2019 Travel Indaba registration opens. (Photo: iStock)
Have you got a severe case of itchy feet?
Do you find your travel-envy levels skyrocketing while you're stuck on the ground? Are you in dire need of a vacay - even if just #forthegram?
Well, you've come to the right place - sort of.
WHY NOT Taste your foodie dreams at our SA's Street Food Festival?
Durban is hot and ready in preparation for the 2019 Travel Indaba. Exhibitor registrations have opened for eager entrepreneurs and tourism companies to book their slot as what's dubbed one of SA's largest and best trading and tourism shows.
It is also known to be one of the top three 'must visit' events of its kind on the global calendar! The Indaba, owned and hosted by South African Tourism together with Tourism Kwa Zulu-Natal and eThekwini Municipality, showcases hundreds of tourism products from across the African continent, and is known to attract buyers from all over the world.
ALSO CHECK OUT: #Indaba2018: Fostering a culture of travel in Africans
So, those interested to host a stand at this major 2019 travel planning event, should secure their spot as soon as possible to gain opportunity to exhibit their products and services to hundreds of local and international buyers from various markets!
You could expand your business to global markets, including across: the African continent, United States of America, Europe, South America, Middle East and South East Asia regions.
Book your stand and secure your spot at this lit travel planning event here.
Wander through a wide variety of some of Southern Africa's best tourism products and learn about conscious tourism as you prep for your next adventure.
- WHEN: May 7 - 9 | Monday (May 6 - Exhibitors only): 08:00 - 18:00, Tuesday (May 7): 10:00 - 18:00, Wednesday (May 8): 10:00 - 18:00 and Thursday (May 9): 10:00 - 17:30 - admission is reserved for delegates 16-years and older.
- WHERE: Durban International Convention Centre (ICC - aka Inkosi Albert Lithuli ICC) in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
- COST: Entry fees for buyers (including VAT): R740 - read more on this here.
We've also listed some of SA's other hot travel planning events for you that are coming up and are sure to help you plan your next escape.
Check out other events where you could be planning your next check-in below:
Make your way on over to one of SA's biggest travel and outdoor expos. Weave through hundreds of exhibitors, pop your kids on over at the play area as you vibe your way along to some smooth live music setting the backdrop tone.
- WHEN: September 14 - 16 | Friday (Sep 14): 10:00 - 18:00, Saturday (Sep 15): 09:00 - 18:00 and Sunday (Sep 16): 09:00 - 16:00
- WHERE: Ticketpro Dome, North Riding in Johannesburg, Gauteng
- COST: Adults: R80 | Friday & Saturday: R40 after 15:00 | Pensioners, Scholars / Students: R40 | Kids 12-years and under: Free Entry | Family pass (family of four): R150 - book tickets here.
SEE PICS: Find your escape at the world's best hotels - three of which are in SA
Fuel your adrenaline and adventure wanderlust over at this epic outdoor show fest. Get your kicks by witnessing live entertainment on stage, crazy stunts and demonstrations - from driving on a world-class racetrack in the manufacturers SUVs and 4x4 to enjoying the 4x4 obstacle course in the middle of the main circuit. You're also offered the opportunity to take a ride inside a monster truck!
- WHEN: August 25 - 26 | Saturday (Aug 25): 08:00 - 17:00 and Sunday (Aug 26): 08:00 - 15:00
- WHERE: Zwartkops Raceway, along the R55 Road in Pretoria, Gauteng
- COST: Online - Adults: R120 | Scholars / Students: R60 | Kids 12-years and under: R60 OR at the gate on show days - Adults: R150 | Scholars / Students: R60 | Kids 12-years and under: R60 - you can save R30 on an Adult ticket booking through Computicket.
READ: Inspire the wanderlust young with these travel books for kids
Experience a plethora of destinations and educational videos to sell the sizzle of your next holiday. Book your next holiday at the event and stand a chance to win great prizes at what's dubbed the 'first independent consumer travel show in SA'. Enjoy a variety of exhibitors that range all the way from cruise liners and airlines to local and global destination islands and bush resorts, and so much more!
- WHEN: August 25 - 26 | Saturday (Aug 25): 10:00 - 20:00 and Sunday (Aug 26): 10:00 - 16:00
- WHERE: Montecasino Piazza & Grassy Area @ Montecasino, Fourways in Johannesburg, Gauteng
- COST: General: R60 (online) & R85 (at the door) - Includes Event Program and Goodie Bag | Kids 12-years and under: Free Entry - Includes Goodie bag - book tickets here.
CHECK OUT: Travel Bragging 101: How not to be a social drag
Plan your escape at this expo that's a stone throw away from the central Cape. Trawl through over 200 exhibitors and see what new products they've got in store – you might even fabulous specials limited to the expo only. You can also enjoy the fresh air of the countryside while trekking through the outdoor marquees, stalls and food trucks - all while swaying to some live tunes.
- WHEN: October 26 - 28 | Daily (Fri, Oct 26 - Sun, Oct 28): 09:00 - 17:00
- WHERE: Sandringham Farm, Sandringham Road in Stellenbosch, Western Cape
- COST: Adults: R80 | Pensioners and Students: R65 | Kids 12-years and under: Assumed Free Entry, they don't specify a price for children, be sure to inquire via their Facebook page - book tickets here.
Plan ahead for these two iconic travel planning events returning in 2019:
Take a virtual trip around the world at this beloved travel event. Mingle with some of the industry's best as nearly 5 000 travel industry professionals host stands and seminars. Network and spark connections as you discover new places to toss in your proverbial travel bucket list.
- WHEN: April 10 - 12
- WHERE: Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) in Cape Town, Western Cape
- COST: You'll have to register to attend the event - see the 2018 registration page example here.