Start the new year off the right way by checking out one or more of these great events across Mzansi.
From the on-stage adaptation of Sarafina and Abba to Goldfish Submerged Sundays - there are plenty of events buzzing around SA.
Whether you wish to relax with some outdoor yoga or play with LEGO at Gateway, there is sure to be an event or two to tickle your fancy.
SEE: #AfriTravel: Top festivals and events to plan around in 2019
Cape Town and surrounds
- The Little Mermaid - When: 4 - 6 January @ 19:30 | Where: Artscape Theatre | Cost: R150 to R200. Get your tickets at Computicket.
- Die Heuwels Fantasties en Loki Rothman - When: 11 January @ 19:15 | Where: Teatro La Scala | Cost: R50. Book your tickets here.
- Queen It's A Kind of Magic - When: 12 January @ 20:00 | Where: Grand Arena, Grand West | Cost: R120 - R380 @ Computicket.
- Jim Gaffigan the Fixer Upper Tour - When: 5 January @ 20:00 | Where: CTICC, Auditorium 1 | Cost: R275 - R450 @ Computicket
- Sarafina! - When: 29 - 31 January | Where: Artscape Arena, Artscape Theatre | Cost: R40 - R100 @ Computicket
- Rosenthorn Cello Trio - When: 25 January @ 20:15 | Where: Oude Libertas Ampitheatre, Oude Libertas Wine Estate | Cost: R220 @ Computicket
- Saxman - When: 5 January @ 18:00 | Where: Houtbosch Wines | Cost: R130 @ Computicket.
- Sunday Outdoor Yoga - When: 27 January @ 09:00 | Where: Life Retreat Studio, Lourensford Wine Estate | Cost: R50 - R80 @ Quicket
- Fruit pickings and leisurely lunches at De Krans - When: January @ 09:00 - 16:00| Where: De Krans, Calitzdorp | Cost: Call 044 213 3314, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- L'Ormarins Queen's Plate - When: 4-5 January @ 09:00 - 16:00| Where: Kenilworth Race Course | Cost: Find more information about packages here
- Cape Town Street Parade (Tweede Nuwe Jaar) - When: 2 January @ 12:00 - 22:00| Where: Grand Parade, Cape Town | Cost: Free, Golden Circle Tickets can be purchased for R100
SEE: No reservations needed - Cape Town restaurants where you don't require a booking during the busy summer season
Johannesburg, Pretoria and surrounds
- The Abba Show - When: 18 January - 27 January | Where: Theatre of Marcellus, Emperors Palace | Cost: R150 - R250. Get your tickets at Computicket.
- Summer Sunsets - When: 4, 11, 18 and 25 January @ 16:00 | Where: Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton, Johannesburg | Cost: Free entrance
- Sunday Vibes: Live Music - When: 6, 13, 20,27 January @ 16:00 | Where: Beerhouse, Fourways @ 16:00 | Cost: Entry is free
- Cedar Slow Market - When: 5, 12, 19, 26 January @ 09:00 | Where: Cedar Square Shopping Centre | Cost: Free entry
- James Morrison in SA - When: 22 - 23 January @ 20:00 | Where: Teatro, Montecasino | Cost: Ticket prices vary depending on your choice of seating - from R400 - R850. Book your tickets here.
SEE: No reservation? Where to eat and drink in Jozi without a booking
Durban and surrounds
- Michael Jackson History Show - When: 3 - 6 January @ 20:00 | Where: Izulu theatre, Sibaya Casino | Cost: Ticket prices vary depending on your choice of seating - from R250. Book your tickets here.
- Maritzburg United vs Free State Stars - When: 9 January @ 19:30 | Where: Harry Gwala Stadium | Cost: R40 @ Computicket.
SEE: No booking needed - Durban pop-in eateries to visit this summer
- Polokwane City vs Bidvest Wits - When: 20 January @ 15:30 | Where: New Peter Mokaba Stadium | Cost: R40 and R20 for children @ Computicket.
- Tol Ass Mo 'Tsek Sun' - When: 25 January @ 20:00 | Where: Graceland Casino, Secunda| Cost: R180 @ Computicket.
- The Dino Expo - When: 5 - 13 January @ various times | Where: Aerial Cableway Hartebeespoort, Hartbeespoort | Cost: R135 @ Computicket.
SEE: What to do this summer in the 9 off-the-KeDezemba-grid cities of SA