As 2018 draws to a close, it's that time to cement plans and make sure you shut the year down with a bang.
It's no secret that Saffas love a great vibe and New Year's is the perfect opportunity to let loose and celebrate. This year, like every year, the country will be set ablaze with events in each and every corner, from beach-side parties buzzing with locals and visitors alike to elegant 5-course dinners in hotel restaurants - there truly is something for almost every one in South Africa.
So if you find yourself along Mzansi's shores, get ready to enjoy the best parties and welcome 2019 in style.
Here's where to do exactly that:
- Alcazar NYE - When: 31 December - 1 January @ 16:00 - late | Where: The Paddocks, corner of Hatfield and Orange Street | Cost: R300 - R1 000 @ Howler.
- WineNot NYE Party - When: 31 December - 1 January @ 18:00 - 02:00 | Where: levelthree, Sandton | Cost: R900 @ Howler.
- NYE 5-Course Dinner - When: 31 December - 1 January @ 19:00 - 00:00 | Where: Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton | Cost: R725 @ firstname.lastname@example.org and +27 11 245 8000
- Ekurhuleni New Years Extravaganza - When: 31 December @ 15:00- 1 January 03:00 & 1 January @ 12:00 - 2 January @ 00:00 | Where: Dries Niemandt Picnic Park, Kempton Park | Cost: R100 - R400 - buy your tickets here
- Masquerade Ball - When: 31 December @ 20:00 - 1 January @ 01:00 | Where: Open Sky PE, Little Chelsea, Port Elizabeth | Cost: R60 entry
- Donkin Street Festival - When: 31 December - 1 January @ 19:00 - 00:00 | Where: Donkin Village, Port Elizabeth | Cost: TBC
- NYE at The Barn - When: 31 December - 1 January @ 19:00 | Where: The Barn, Port Elizabeth | Cost: TBC
SEE: End of year events and festivals to start planning your festive season vacation
Find Your Escape by searching and comparing flight prices here. You can also sign-up for the Traveller24 Weekly Newsletter – Subscribe here. Or download the News24 App here, to receive expertly curated travel ideas and deals directly to your mobile.