Get unapologetically French in Franschhoek this July. (Photo: Supplied)
Say Bonjour Bastille Festival coming to Franschhoek and be unapologetically French this July. The iconic event is back for 2018 - marking its 25th year of painting the town red, white and blue.
It is time to dust off your berets, pull out the baguettes, croissants and all of the French jargon you've got stocked up in your pardon bank for the festival taking place at the historic Franschhoek Huguenot Monument on 14-15 July.
Winter school holidays: Fun things to do with the kids
This social calendar highlight that runs all weekend long is guaranteed to bring out the Parisian in you.
Is there any better way to warm up during the winter time than with a great vibe, delicious food and Franschhoek's superb wine selection all under one tented roof?
The captivating village is a hive of activities. It is clad to the nines in the French colours of red, blue and white for the weekend - embracing its French heritage, and adding to the hype and excitement the weekend has become known for.
While the valley embraces the French theme to perfection, the Food & Wine Marquee, set against the backdrop of the historic Huguenot Monument, is the place to be and be seen.
What you need to know:
Where: Huguenot Monument, Franschhoek
When: Saturday, 14 July from 11:00 - 17:00 and Sunday, 15 July from 11:00 - 15:00
Cost: Tickets to the Food & Wine Marquee cost R350 (Saturday entry) and R280 (Sunday entry), respectively, and include entry, a complimentary tasting glass, a booklet of five wine tasting coupons and a R20 voucher which is redeemable on the day. Additional coupons can be purchased on the day. As tickets are limited pre-booking via Webtickets is strongly advised. Children under 18-years-old enter for free.
Contact: Franschhoek Wine Valley via landline: +27 (0)21 876 2861 email: firstname.lastname@example.org or their website
Parking: Ample parking on the grounds allow for comfortable walking distance to and from the village.
What to look out for:
There are many things that add to the elements for a fabulous festival. The Bastille Festival is known for serving a range of fun activities and delicacies. Why not head on down to enjoy the following:
- Check out the Food & Wine Maquee that will be dripping in local and French inspired cuisine made by some of Franschhoek's well known eateries as well as the renowned Franschhoek wines on offer.
- Get sketchy with the help of the quirky caricature artist on site who captures your Bastille experience in a humourous and creative way.
- You can also roll with the punches and put your strength to the test with the fun and popular Porcupine Ridge Barrel Rolling Competition.
- Sway to vibing live music while enjoying the views and treats from the marquee.
- Don't Forget: a beret and baguette add the extra pizzazz needed for a memorable winelands French experience.
Bring your family along too! Sunday's festivities are ideally suited for the whole family with ample kiddies' entertainment.
For more information visit the event website.