Dance can be a powerful creative outlet. That is if you don't feel like you have two left feet.
But according to award-winning dance and choreography duo Grant van Ster and Shaun Oelf, everybody has the ability to move their body - and they encourage this with their open classes at Young Blood in the centre of Cape Town's CBD.
The point is "not to get too caught up in your own head", says Shaun, as he and Grant share their burning desire to excite new audiences through the power of dance. Together they established Figure of 8 Dance Collective in 2014, and are currently busy with their second season of their production Wag | Waiting - which explores the concept of what it means to wait.
In the latest episode of our podcast The Check-In - I join them during a rehearsal at the iconic Baxter Theatre in Rondebosch, Cape Town to find out more.
WAG | Waiting
- Cast: Grant van Ster (Choreographer and dancer) and Shaun Oelf (Choreographer and dancer), Dustin Jannetjies (Dancer) and Gabriela Dirkse (Dancer).
- Venue: Baxter Golden Arrow Studio
- Dates: 27 November – 7 December 2019
- Times: Tuesdays - Fridays: 20:15 Saturdays: 16:00 & 20:15
- Price: R 100 pp, R 80 (students & pensioners and group bookings 10+)R 50 pp (school block booking)
- Bookings: Webtickets
Find Your Escape by signing up for the Traveller24 Weekly Newsletter – Subscribe here. Or download the News24 App here, to receive expertly curated travel ideas and deals directly to your mobile