Who says the wintry seasons have to be cold, dull and drenched in sadness?
READ: Cloudy with a chance of vacay: These places look even better under grey skies
Here's how to make the most out of your European greycation and stay snug:
- Visit the frozen countryside.
- Cosy up in the local cafes with some hot drinks and candlelight.
- Book yourself into a local spa.
WATCH: Spend a night in a TV tower in this Czech winter wonderland
For the more adventurous and frostily enthused, try out the following:
- Winter sports in the snow-dusted mountainous regions.
- Kickback on a horse-drawn sleigh while trekking through the blanketed landscapes and crisp air.
ALSO WATCH: Get chilly in Poland's winter capital Zakopane
Watch the video to see what Winter fan and author Barbara Schaefer does to seek out the icy wonders near her home.
Find Your Escape by searching and comparing flight prices here. You can also sign-up for the Traveller24 Weekly Newsletter – Subscribe here. Or download the News24 App here, to receive expertly curated travel ideas and deals directly to your mobile.