Getting through the airport and on your travels can sometimes feel like a stressful experience. The delays, crowds, and the queuing are common bugbears of most airports, however there are some airports around the world which are much more relaxing than others.
READ: Japan or the UAE: Who has the world's most powerful passport?
With your next trip in mind, MyVoucherCodes, have analysed 81 of the world’s busiest airports on factors such as queue time rating, lounge costs, on time performance, passenger numbers, and more, to reveal ‘The World’s Most Relaxing Airports’, and which miss the mark.
(Cologne Bonn Airport. PHOTO: iStock)
Cologne Bonn airport takes the top spot which is no surprise considering it has the fifth smallest passenger count (12.4 million), meaning you’re less likely to be battling the crowds. The German airport also had the highest on-time performance score and a good queue time rating. No UK or US airports made the top 10.
Here is list of the top 10:
1. Cologne Bonn Airport, Germany
2. Kansai International Airport, Japan
3. Stuttgart Airport, Germany
4. Athens International Airport, Greece
5. Singapore Changi Airport, Singapore
6. Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Finland
7. Zurich Airport, Switzerland
8. Hamad International Airport, Doha
9. Brasilia International Airport, Brazil
10. Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, India
(Kansai International Airport, Japan. PHOTO: iStock)
WATCH: You can now stay inside this abandoned terminal building!
London Stansted came out as the least relaxing airport due to having the second lowest score for both quality of service and AirHelp’s overall score.
Here is a list of the least relaxed airports:
1. London Stansted Airport, UK
2. Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, US
3. Chicago O’Hare International Airport, US
4. Manchester Airport, UK
5. Paris Orly Airport, France
6. Kuwait Airport, Kuwait
7. Newark Liberty International Airport, US
8. Edinburgh Airport, UK
9. London Gatwick Airport, UK
10. Geneva Airport, Switzerland
Don't say we didn't warn you!
Find Your Escape by . You can also sign-up for the Traveller24 Weekly Newsletter – Subscribe here. Or download the News24 App here, to receive expertly curated travel ideas and deals directly to your mobile.