Fancy a trip to Oman? And perhaps fly on the double-decker A380?
Now you can do both with the world's shortest route for the biggest plane in the world, operated by Emirates.
READ: Say goodbye to the world's biggest passenger plane
As part of their summer schedule, the airline announced it will be launching double daily flights between Dubai and Muscat on the A380 from 1 July. At only 350 kilometres over 75 minutes, the focus of the route is to provide an enhanced onboard experience for its passengers to the small Arab country.
The A380 first flew to Muscat last year in a one-off flight to mark Emirates' 25-year anniversary of operating in Oman. The current thrice daily service is operated by a Boeing 777-300ER.
ALSO SEE: Emirates replaces 777 with massive A380 on its Joburg route
The 25-year anniversary of Emirates' operations in Oman in 2018. (Photo: Emirates)
What you need to know:
- The twice-daily A380 services will replace EK 862/863 and EK 864/865.
- Emirates morning flight, EK 862, will depart Dubai at 08:25, arriving in Muscat at 09:40.
- The return flight, EK 863, will depart Muscat at 11:15, arriving in Dubai in the afternoon at 12:25.
- Emirates late afternoon flight EK 864 will depart Dubai at 16:10 and will arrive in Muscat at 17:25.
- EK 865 will depart Muscat at 19:05, arriving in Dubai at 20:15.
- The A380s will have 14 First Class seats, 76 Business Class seats and 429 Economy Class seats.
- Flight timings will vary slightly with the commencement of the winter schedule in late October.
INFOGRAPHIC: The top passenger plane models used by airlines
The A380's landing last year. (Photo: Emirates)
“The introduction of the A380 services to Muscat means more of our customers will have the opportunity to experience our industry-leading products onboard, and will also enhance choice and travel preferences as they plan their journeys," says Sheikh Majid Al Mualla, Divisional Senior Vice President Commercial Operations Centre.
"Oman is an important destination for Emirates, and we will continue to look at ways to grow our operations in the market to best serve our customers. We thank Muscat International Airport and the government authorities for their support in making the A380 double daily operations happen.”
SEE: Emirates and Ghana mark aviation milestone with one-off A380 landing in Accra
Find Your Escape by searching and comparing flight prices here. You can also sign-up for the Traveller24 Weekly Newsletter – Subscribe here. Or download the News24 App here, to receive expertly curated travel ideas and deals directly to your mobile.