Cape Town - Emirates took home the grand prize at the inaugural TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards for Airlines as they were named Best Airline in the World.
“We are honoured to be named the Best Airline in the World at the TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards for Airlines 2017. The fact that the awards are a result of unbiased reviews and feedback speaks to our commitment to deliver a superior travel experience for our customers,” says Sir Tim Clark, President of Emirates Airline.
SEE: WATCH: Jennifer Aniston's reaction to finding herself in economy is too funny!
They are the most awarded airline as they won four other awards including including Best Major Airline - Middle East & Africa, Best Economy Class, Best First Class and World’s Best Airlines - Top 10.
“It’s a high honour for Emirates to be recognised as the top airline in the world by the TripAdvisor community and speaks to their continued focus on delivering fantastic customer experiences,” says Bryan Saltzburg, General Manager for TripAdvisor Flights.
The Top 10 airlines for 2017 according to Tripadvisor are: SEE: PICS: $11m makeover for Emirates' Dubai Business Class lounge
2. Singapore Airlines
3. Azul (Brazil)
4. JetBlue (USA)
5. Air New Zealand
6. Korean Air
7. Japan Airlines
8. Thai Smile
9. Alaska Airlines
10. Garuda Indonesia
Emirates is the world’s largest international airline, with an extensive network of a choice of 155 destinations in 83 countries across six continents.
Salyzburg says that they are proud to announce the inaugural Travelers’ Choice® Awards for airlines, to help travellers make the most well-informed air travel decisions, based on the experiences of the TripAdvisor community.
This is the first year TripAdvisor has introduced a category for airlines in its signature Travelers’ Choice Awards. The awards highlight the world’s top carriers based on the quantity and quality of reviews and ratings for airlines worldwide gathered over a 12-month period.
Recent Emirates new innovations worth noting:
- Emirates introduces new laptop handling service for US flights to enable customers to use their laptops and tablet devices until just before they board their flights to the US.
- Emirates also recently underwent a product overhaul with a host of exclusive products introduced to its First and Business Class cabins. New additions include the world’s first moisturising lounge wear in First Class, luxury blankets, skincare from organic brand VOYA and a new range of amenity kits from Bulgari.
- In the last year, Emirates has also introduced several new products for customers travelling in Economy including the world’s first interactive amenity kits and sustainable blankets made from 100% recycled plastic bottles.
What to read next on Traveller24
- PIC: Emirates deploys wildlife-branded A380 double-decker on Johannesburg route
- Buying your Emirates tickets just got easier
- Emirates to unveil enhanced A380 onboard lounge at ITB Berlin