From pub crawls (aplenty) to vodka tastings, the stunning city of Kraków has a nightlife like no other. In Your Pocket notes that urban legend has it that here you'll find the highest density of bars in the world.
Local students and throngs of tourists visit every year, making this a lively hub of activity, especially at night. Around every corner and on every street you'll discover a new bar offering something unique.
READ: Drunk rules on a plane: Tipsy passengers cause stir about pre- and in-flight booze drinking
Go bar hopping in the city's Old Town and pass through Kazimierz for more cool pubs. Then for clubbing, head to Florianska and Szewska, known for its electronic music scene.
READ: European heat turns Baltic Sea toxic as algae blooms shut down 50 beaches
Here are the top places to go to add to your itinerary:
The list of places to party or go for a quiet drink in the beautiful, historic cit of Kraków is endless. But narrowing it down somewhat, here's a list of cool spots to check out:
1. Kraków is very backpacker-friendly and offers a lot of budget-friendly accommodation and hot spots for eating and drinking. Go have your first vodka at Ambasada Sledzia where shots are served with a side of herring, or grab a courtyard beer or two at Klub Re.
2. Go for a big party at Prozak 2.0. One of the city's oldest clubs, this dark, underground haunt is home to some of the best Djs in the country. Go dance your heart out!
3. Go on a pub crawl or a nightlife tour. These take the guesswork out of partying as you have someone showing you around.
4. Craft beers are big here. Taste the best ones at Multi Qlti Tap Bar in the centre of Kraków. They have a huge variety of local beers at good prices.
5. Vodka tasting at Wodka bar is a must. Raspberry, cherry and even chill vodka are available at this bar.
Find Your Escape by signing-up for the Traveller24 Weekly Newsletter – Subscribe here. Or download the News24 App here, to receive expertly curated travel ideas and deals directly to your mobile.