Chippy doesn't like sharing attention - nor does he want to walk very fast.
Being part of a big family can be hard when you're the youngest, but at least when you're a rockhopper penguin at the Two Oceans Aquarium it's guaranteed that there will be someone to give you some love.
Most at the aquarium are rescues and can't be released back into the wide world due to the risk of introducing diseases into wild populations. There are a few born at the aquarium after two rescues fell in love at the aquarium.
And dad has to constantly sort out the kids when they get into fights.
WATCH: Try to hide among the fishies when diving in the aquarium's shark exhibit
This one was feeling very self-conscious about his moulting hairstyle. (Photo: Gabi Zietsman)
Every day they take a pilgrimage from their beach den in the aquarium's freshwater exhibit to the kelp forest tank - an arduous journey involving breakfast (they are said to be incredibly picky), stairs and ensuring enough cuddles are doled out.
Some don't always don't want to go - either too old or grumpy from their annual moulting - while others need a little coaxing to make the walk.
ALSO WATCH: Yoshi has clocked more than 35 000km - but she might be Australian
All Chippy wanted to do was pose for the camera instead of jumping into the tank. (Photo: Gabi Zietsman)
You too can take a walk with the penguins - Two Oceans Aquarium offers a penguin experience where visitors join in on their daily routine.
Here's what you need to know:
- No more than two people can do the experience at a time.
- Their trained bird keepers will be supervising.
- The penguins are free to do whatever they want - they don't get treats for interacting with visitors and are allowed to hop away if they don't want to deal with people.
- The experience is suitable for children aged eight and up.
- Tickets are R570 for adults and R485 for children up to 17 years of age. The price includes entry into the aquarium.
- Experiences happen from Tuesdays to Sundays at 10:45 and last 30 minutes.
- Email the Visitor Centre on email@example.com to make a booking.
Find Your Escape by signing up for the Traveller24 Weekly Newsletter – Subscribe here. Or download the News24 App here, to receive expertly curated travel ideas and deals directly to your mobile