It's official - WTM Africa has announced that it will launch an African edition of the International Travel and Tourism Awards!
These awards will set out to consolidate the various standalone awards that bring merit to outstanding travel and tourism businesses across the continent. Moreover, the awards will seek to unite and bring credibility to various travel and tourism awards.
These comprehensive awards will recognise and showcase those that embody a ‘gold standard’ in their chosen sector.
READ: Hanekom: A third of those who visit SA for the first time at a conference, come back for a holiday
Carol Weaving, Managing Director of Reed Exhibitions explains the awards: “Having spent many years in the travel and tourism industry, it has become apparent that we do not have one set of awards that covers its various sectors. We believe that one set of prestigious awards will further reward the efforts of tourism and travel businesses that go the extra mile.”
The Africa edition of the International Travel and Tourism Awards will cover important sectors in travel, giving merit and recognition to the travel and tourism companies that best personify the following categories:
1. Best National Tourism Board Campaign/DMO campaign
2. Best Regional/City Campaign
3. Most innovative use of technology within a destination
4. Best agency for tourism marketing
5. Best PR campaign
6. Best Digital Campaign in Tourism
7. Best Digital Influencer in the industry
8. Best Destination for Wellness
9. Best Destination for Responsible Tourism
10. Best Destination for Adventure Tourism
11. Best Destination for Food Tourism
12. Best Destination for LGBT Tourism
ALSO CHECK OUT: #Indaba2018: Fostering a culture of travel in Africans
Here's what you need to know about WTM Africa 2019:
WTM Africa is seen as a place to mingle with some of the industry's best as nearly 5 000 travel industry professionals host stands and seminars. Network and spark connections as you discover new places to toss in your proverbial travel bucket list.
The International Travel and Tourism Awards will recognise world-leading destinations and outstanding pioneers within travel and tourism. The inaugural awards will be judged by renowned independent experts from across the world.
Though the nominations for the awards will launch in 2019, the first set of winners will only be announced in 2020.
Companies and organisations that are eager to enter these prestigious awards can find out more at a formal launch at WTM Africa 2019 that will take place after the African Responsible Tourism Awards at the Cape Town International Convention Centre on 10 April 2019.
SEE: SA travel planning events to soothe your itchy feet
- WHEN: April 10 - 12
- WHERE: Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) in Cape Town, Western Cape
- COST: You'll have to register to attend the event - see the 2018 registration page example here