Cape Town - Getting the most out of your visit to the Mother City just became a little easier as iVenture Cape Town brings its successful international tourism initiative to Cape Town
The new tourism smart card, developed in partnership with Cape Town Tourism, puts 60 of the city's top tourist attractions, as well as several hotspots off the beaten track at the fingertips of visitors to South Africa's acclaimed city.
The ‘iVenture City Pass’, a global tourism concept that has been successfully rolled out in major cities around the world, including London, Barcelona, Dubai, San Francisco, Hong Kong, Sydney, Melbourne, Mexico City. allows access to the whole city with just one card.
Cape Town Tourism CEO Enver Duminy says, “The iVenture City Pass will be a valuable asset to tourism in Cape Town, encouraging more visitors to explore more attractions, including our hidden gems. We welcome the extended global presence this internationally-respected initiative will provide, and, as Cape Town Tourism, we offer our endorsement.
Available from various outlets around the city, the card offers great value-for-money with savings of up to 40% on regular entry fees.
The card is perfect for all ages and offers a seemingly endless choice of activities to suit all interests, be it adventure, culture, the great outdoors, cruising or touring.
It includes attractions such as Table Mountain Aerial Cableway, Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens, Two Oceans Aquarium, Groot Constantia Wine Estate, City Sightseeing ‘Hop On Hop Off’ bus, Champagne Sunset Cruises, Cape Wheel, Township tours and Cape Point tours.
Cardholders simply swipe the card for cash-free entry or to redeem a benefit, such as a free cocktail at Café Caprice or a 10% discount at Simonsig Wine Estate’s Cuvée Restaurant – and often also get to skip the queues by gaining fast-track entry.
To create their own, uniquely tailored itinerary, visitors may choose from several options - these include:
- The ‘Flexi Pass’ offers entry to a choice of three, five or seven of Cape Town attractions.
Flexi Pass prices:
R700 per adult, R350 per child (age four to 17) for any three attractions
R1100 per adult, R550 per child for any five attractions
R1450 per adult, R750 per child for any seven attractions
- The ‘Unlimited Pass’ is valid for two, three or five days and allows holders access to as many attractions as they can fit in during that time.
- The ‘Unlimited Premium Pass’ visitors can further add one ‘premium experience’ of their choice, such as a Cape Town Helicopters Atlantico Tour, Cape Sidecars chauffeured City Tour, Marine Dynamics shark cage diving, or a safari at Aquila Private Game Reserve. All options also include a free trip planner to help visitors with their itinerary.
Unlimited Pass prices:
Two-day City Pass: R980 per adult, R770 per child
Three-day City Pass: R1380 per adult, R1100 per child
Five-day City Pass: R1600 per adult, R1200 per child
- The ‘VIP card’, tourists – or indeed locals keen to explore their city – are free to enjoy the
best Cape Town has to offer, without having to worry about how much money they are spending at each
Unlimited Premium Pass prices:
Three-day Premium Pass: R2600 per adult, R1700 per child
Five-day Premium Pass: R2750 per adult, R1780 per child
With every purchase of an Unlimited iVenture City Pass, a homeless person will be given food, a shower and
a bed for the night at Haven Night Shelter.
What to read next on Traveller24:
- #LoveSA: Mzansi monopoly hot spots revealed
- ALERT: Uber changes pick-up regulations at SA international airports
- Where to safely and legally set off fireworks in Cape Town