Tickle your tastebuds at one of these yummy SA fests lined up for spring. (Photo: iStock)
Tickle your taste buds this spring at one of these six decadent fests lined up around South Africa. From wines and cheeses to food trucks and burgers - there's bound to be a food festival catering to your fancy.
- WHEN: 15 & 16 September 2018
- WHEN: Franschhoek Wineries
- COST: Tickets cost R150 and can be bought here.
Enjoy the perfect opportunity to explore one of SA's premier wine destinations as you uncover a plethora of experiences at the participating Franschhoek Vignerons.
Meander your way along the grapevine from one estate to the next while sampling the crisp and various wines on offer - which include newly released wines as well as a few other not-to-be missed classics and gems.
Festival highlights include:
- themed tastings,
- bespoke meals,
- live music,
- old school lawn games
- and more!
WHY NOT #FindYourEscape at one of these 35 plus events to ring in spring across buzzing SA?
- WHEN: 27 - 28 October 2018
- WHERE: Hillcrest Quarry, Durbanville
Oysters from the west and east coasts are enjoyed with Cape Town's finest bubbly.
Originally known as the 'Oyster and Champagne' festival, which was created back in 2007, this event has been taken to new heights with the inclusion of a few local Sauvignon Blanc producers.
The event will highlight some of SA's best west coast oyster producers along with SA's Cap Classique and Sparkling Wine producers as well as Champagne producers of France, Prosecco producers of Italy and the Cava producers of Spain.
The two-day long extravaganza includes fun experiences including:
- live music entertainment,
- celebrity chef demonstrations,
- Shuck and Slurp competitions,
- best dressed competitions to
- just chilling in our celebrity VIP lounge.
NB: This event is restricted to over 18 year old.
- WHEN: 31 August - 2 September 2018
- WHERE: Mojo Market in Sea Point, Cape Town
- COST: Ticket prices cost R190 per slot and can be bought here.
Keeping things seaward, the Mojo Market will also be hosting an oyster and bubbly bonanza.
Enjoy a weekend of sophistication and fun with live music, great food, oysters and loads of Bubbles at the beautiful indoor venue.
The Mojo Market Oyster & Bubbly Experience will host all of your favourite bubbly houses and oyster stations will be supplied by The Musselmonger. The event will also feature a selection of Oyster Shots on the deck for the brave…
Pick the slot that suits you and make sure you attend this superb Cape Town weekend! The available slots include:
- Friday 31 August @ 17:00 – 22:00
- Saturday 1 September 11:00 – 16:00
- Saturday 1 September 17:00 – 22:00
- Sunday 2 September 11:00 – 16:00
- Sunday 2 September 17:00 - 22:00
BE SURE TO Taste over 500 local wines at the Soweto Wine Festival
- WHEN: 1 September 2018
- WHERE: Northwood Crusaders Sports Club
- COST: Adult (general access): R210 & Children (under 12-years-old): R60 - buy tickets here.
Enjoy live music, bubbles, beer & burgers in true South African fashion. Spring along for an enjoyable day of good music, relaxing conversations and tantalised taste buds. A wide variety of local beer, bubblicious sparkling wines, mouth-watering food stuffs and soothing sound waves will entertain you for the day.
- Veranda Panda
- Josh Wantie
- The North & South
- Roachy and the Rock Coaches
- Matt Gardner
- Easy Freak
- Freddy L
- Stone Palace
- Black Wiskey
Time Schedule to follow.
Kids entertainment area:
- Child minders
- Jumping castles
No children aged between 13 – 17-years-old are allowed in this area.
Also note that no food or drinks are allowed through the gates.
- WHEN: 6 - 7 October 2018
- WHERE: Mofolo Park, Soweto
- COST: Ticket prices range between R50 and R100 p/p for online sales or can be bought at the door for R150. Online tickets can be bought here.
Enjoy some of the finest food trucks from local community members to the awesome trucks presented by the team at Food Truck Fridays.
You can also sway to the music from top SA acts and indulge in craft beer, cocktails, ice cream and a host of other exciting entertainment while your children enjoy the kids zone.
GO AND Taste your foodie dreams at SA's Street Food Festival
- WHEN: 14 October 2018
- WHERE: Observatory Sports Club in Observatory, Johannesburg
- COST: R100 p/p - buy tickets here.
Get cheesy this spring over at this gouda market experience.
The event includes:
- whiskey and beer pairings,
- mouth watering cheese dishes with the health advises on cheese from invited health experts.
So, cheese lovers are implored to come and mingle with the cheese makers and wine experts while indulging in some of the carefully curated pairings.
Find Your Escape with our Traveller24 Weekly Newsletter – Subscribe here. Or download the News24 App here, to receive expertly curated travel wanderlust directly to your mobile.