Cape Town - If you've been wondering how you will get to that voting station to cast your all-important vote on SA's Election Day - Uber has a plan and we like it.
This Wednesday, 3 August, on SA's #2016MunicipalElections, the Uber team is giving all riders R30 off of all trips to and from voting stations in Johannesburg, Cape Town, Pretoria, Ekurhuleni, Durban and Port Elizabeth.
And it's not that far fetched to consider a taxi-ride to the voting stations, as the South African Weather Service warns of pretty stormy Election Day weather, with heavy snowfall, rain and gale force winds.
CHECK OUT: PICS: SA set for windswept, snowy Election Day
"With the ease of Uber’s service, you’ll feel like we’re bringing the ballot to you," Uber says.
Tick the following boxes to get your discounted ride:
- Open the Uber app and enter the promo code VOTESA in the Promotions tab
- When you’re ready to get voting, request a ride as usual
- Get up to R30 off your trip to your voting station and up to R30 home afterwards
The Fine Print:
- Riders must enter the code VOTESA to get up to R30 off their next two rides.
- The promotion is open to both new and existing Uber riders in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Ekurhuleni, Cape Town, Durban and Port Elizabeth.
- The code will apply between 07:00 and 21:00 on Wednesday, 3 August 2016.
Whatever way you get to the voting stations, just be sure to do so and make your mark for SA's future.
After you've cast your vote, you can check out our SA Insider Guide: What to get up to on Voter's day and Women's Day for a low-down on the best activities across the country.
What to read next on Traveller24:
- SA Insider Guide: What to get up to on Voter's day and Women's Day
- PICS: SA set for windswept, snowy Election Day
- Viva #Mzansi: SA listed in Top 10 Countries with the Best Weather and Climate