Everyone’s favourite weekday has just perked up thanks to the exciting launch of #FestiveFriday at Franschhoek’s renowned mountain-perched estate - La Petite Ferme.
Artisan cocktails & live music served up with majestic Franschhoek views
Featuring a fresh selection of hand-crafted cocktails and arguably the best views across the valley, La Petite Ferme is now the place to be for sundowners this summer.
#FestiveFriday takes place on selected Fridays from 9 December 2016 until 13 January 2017.
Cocktails and delicious bites will be served from 4-6pm in the beautifully manicured gardens of La Petite Ferme to the dulcet tunes of live musicians.
The show-stopper is the backdrop for every event – the majestic, mountain-rimmed expanse of the beautiful Franschhoek valley.
Seeking to avoid run-of-the-mill and showcase the farm and its own produce, La Petite Ferme set about creating a menu of vibrant #FestiveFriday cocktails:
• The Pretty Lisa was inspired by a La Petit Ferme legend with service of three decades and who still shines. Made with vodka and amongst others strawberries, lime juice, lemonade and fresh basil, The Pretty Lisa is as vibrant and welcoming as the real Mona Lisa’s smile.
• The Mariano is La Petite Ferme’s very own exotic cocktail with Latin pizzazz. A vodka-spangled blitz of berries adorns this drink along with mango and lime juice and fresh mint.
• The Spa is the perfect cocktail to slow-sip while taking in nature’s most magical spectacle. Named for the restorative fresh cucumber juice that is its main ingredient, The Spa uses a base of gin along with lime juice, fresh mint and a just a touch of sugar for balance.
• The Garden breaks the cocktail mould. In addition to grapefruit and lime juice and mixed peppers, this beverage extravaganza includes coriander - fresh from the farm’s new herb garden. All you need to decide is: vodka or gin?
The new cocktails are the tip of the iceberg of changes that have swept across the famed wine estate situated at the head of the Franschhoek valley, on the eponymous mountain pass road. In addition to the tranquil deli area amidst towering trees, The Delicatess, the property also features a newly revamped restaurant which is open for lunch and dinner, seven days a week.
Refurbishments and upgrades have seen to it that the venue now offers even more for Franschhoek fans, foodies and wine lovers.
Now an elegant yet unfussy simplicity prevails - a nod to both function and nostalgia. Lebanese interior designer Claudia Chahine oversaw décor and design. Talented Cape Town ceramicist Mervyn Gers handcrafted a collection of unique dinnerware specifically for the restaurant that reflects attributes of the farm and its sky-touching location.
SEE: Explore Paarl: Get lost in the Cape winelands
Experience La Petite Ferme any day of the week or join #FestiveFriday, which runs until middle January 2017.
#FestiveFriday dates to diarise:
December 9, 16, and 30 and January 6 and 13.
For more information, visit La Petite Ferme.
For restaurant reservations, email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 021 876 3016
WIN: Sign-up for Traveller24's #FindYourEscape newsletter to stand the chance to win a R5000 travel voucher- competition closes on 3 December
What to read next on Traveller24:
- The bloomin’ beautiful gardens of Franschhoek
- Champagne valley wonders: 4 easy steps to the perfect weekend in Franschhoek
- 5 Cape Winelands events to celebrate summer