Joey Rasdien and The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Cape Town - South Africa is ready for slimy, gooey fun this school holidays, when Nickelodeon and uShaka Marine World will host the first Africa edition of SlimeFest in Durban.
uShaka Marine World will be transformed into a sticky ,green and orange paradise as Nickelodeon TV characters, a line-up of musicians and entertainment acts, and families embrace the slime.
Get into the gooey-ness
Older kids will delight in a host of games and day-long activities: head for the interactive Slime Zone for an epic Slime Combat Battle, roll around in the Rock n Rollin Pool or test your balance on the Slime n Slide.
For the younger kids, there will be singalongs from their favourite Nickelodeon characters including SpongeBob SquarePants, Dora & Friends, Chase & Marshall from Paw Patrol, and amphibious heroes, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
A dedicated Pre-School Zone and Play Slime for very young children will be hosted in the Kids’ Corner.
Here's What You Need to Know:
Date: 8 - 9 April
Time: 08:00 to 18:00
- From R250 for a single ticket and R230 per ticket for a family of four (R220 for groups of 10 or more). Via Computicket or uShaka Marine World’s online ticketing service.
- Free for children under three years. Children under 12 years must be accompanied by an adult. Ticket price includes entry into uShaka Marine World, the Dolphin Aquarium and Wet ‘n’ Wild with the exception of Sea Animals Encounter Island.
SEE: Easter Holiday activities across SAá major cities
The two-day family-friendly concert, which will be hosted by comedian Joey Rasdien and actress Nomzamo Mbatha, boasts a hot line-up of performers and celebrity guests. Music acts to expect are The Kiffness, Twins on Decks, Emtee, Timo ODV, K.O and local music megastars Cassper Nyovest and Mafikizolo.
Chris Torline, senior digital and marketing director, Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN) Africa, says “Nickelodeon’s SlimeFest is the most-anticipated family-friendly music festival of the year, bringing together star power, stunts, live music and tons of green slime for the ultimate family day out.”
uShaka Marine World marketing executive, Mpume Mthembu, says, “uShaka is going all out to ensure that we are leaders in family-friendly entertainment in Durban. This is an event that has it all – music, fun, our favourite television characters, and opportunities for every generation."
SEE: 5 Durban travel secrets shared by SA's hottest bloggers
* Catch Nickelodeon on DStv channel 305
What to read next on Traveller24:
- SA Insider Guide: Easter school holidays events across SA
- Easter safety: Scams, road safety and other travel alerts you need to know about
- #FindYourEscape This Easter School Holidays