As the school holidays loom, day visitors to the Kruger National Park (KNP) should note that the park usually institutes a visitor access quota
The day visitor quota for the park is a management tool to help maintain the carrying capacity of the park. Visitors will be able to book up to 80% of day visitor quota per gate, via SANParks Reservations offices and online at www.sanparks.org
Day visitors can choose and book a time slot prior to their arrival from one of the following three time slots:
Time slot 1: 06:00 to 08:00
Time slot 2: 08:00 to 10:00
Time slot 3: 10:00 onwards
Pre-booked day visitors will get preference over non-booked day visitors at the gate. KNP aim to better manage visitor volumes and expectations. The three different slots are aimed to improve the spread of vehicles and, as far as possible, prevent unnecessary waiting periods at gates.
Pre-booked day visitors must ensure that they arrive within the time slots, as per their reservation. Arriving outside the booked time slot, will be regarded as non-booked and therefore not preferential. These bookings can be changed through SANParks Reservations offices.
Visitors are advised to read their permits which they will receive at the gates to make sure of rules and regulations. Visitors can report any rules and regulations infringement which they witness, to the Emergency Call Centre numbers 013 735 4325 or 013 735 0197 or 076 801 9679.
KNP has ten entrance gates i.e. Pafuri, Punda Maria, Phalaborwa, Giriyondo, Orpen, Paul Kruger, Phabeni, Numbi, Malelane and Crocodile Bridge. - Visitors should also take note of the following important information:
- Day Visitor bookings are subject to a non-refundable booking fee of R36 per adult and R18 per child.
- Day Visitors who have booked are required to pay conservation fees or use a valid Wild Card to enter the Park.
Daily Conservation Fee
Valid from 1 November 2016 to 31 October 2017
South African Citizens and Residents (with ID):
R76 per person, per day
R38 per child , per day
SADC Nationals (with passport):
R152 per person, per day
R76 per child, per day
Standard Conservation Fee (Foreign Visitors):
R304 per adult, per day
R152 per child, per day
Note: All Prices VAT inclusive and all tariffs in South African Rand
Tariffs subject to alteration without advance notice
- In order to expedite the admission process, on busy days in particular, day visitors are requested to pay for conservation fees in advance or ensure that they have valid Wild Card membership.
- Guests planning to use Wild Cards are requested to ensure membership is valid before arrival and this can best be done online at www.sanparks.org/wild
- The number and profile of persons (adults and children) on the reservation and actual persons arriving should correspond.
- All guests may be required to identify themselves upon admission (SA driver’s license, identity document or passport).
- Due to existing contractual arrangements with Open Safari Vehicles (OSVs), they are regarded as booked for all Day Visitor admissions.
- Gate quotas will be applied and non-booked guests could be denied entry.
- Guests are encouraged to continuously provide feedback on their experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALSO SEE: The complete guide to a photo safari in the Kruger National Park
What to read next on Traveller24:
- WATCH: This super-fast rhino charge will leave you rattled
- Two Kruger Rangers arrested for alleged poaching
- School holiday family fun in Joburg