Cape Town - Kruger is such a special and unique part of South Africa - from the dry and dusty smells of the earth as you track and trail the Big Five through this expansive park to the special aroma of summer rains that give a sense of mother nature's rhythm and why our wild spaces should be emphatically respected and enjoyed.
While it is a year-round destination, it also happens to be an exceptionally busy spot over the peak holiday periods - click here if you happen to be a first-time visitor for all the useful info you need.
And if you've never had a stirring in your bones to visit this iconic park, checking out these 13 wildlife encounters as shared by the Latest Sightings community will see all that about to change.
1. WATCH: Why you don't mess with a baby ellie when its momma is around
This video of a mother elephant trying to protect her calf from a pack of wild dogs is a note to all - don't mess with a momma and her baby ellie.
2. WATCH: Hyenas snatch wild dog kill - TWICE
Hopefully, every dog has its day...
3. Sparrowhawk takes on cuckoo in vicious stand-off
Rare sighting of clash between a Sparrowhawk and a Jacobin Cuckoo, filmed at one of the picnic sites just outside the Paul Kruger.
4. WATCH: Zebra gives birth in Kruger National Park
Wow, all the feelings. Zibra gives birth to baby at H7 at the Tambotie entrance of Kruger.
5. Crazy Kruger! Hippo bites Land Rover as pride of lions attack
Have you ever seen a pride of lions attempt to take down a hippo? That's exactly what happened in this Latest Sightings video.
6. Zebra infanticide plays out in Etosha (Warning: disturbing footage)
This footage will distort any placid view you might have had of these striped dazzlers of the bush.
7. Miraculous Kruger sighting as lion lies down with lamb
The video was captured by School Deputy Principle, Graeme Mitchley from Edenvale, visiting Kruger National Park where he and his wife spotted a horrific scene, where a lion was eating a antelope cub.
8. Baby Impala Tries Using Car To Hide From Cheetahs
A baby impala’s heart just about beats out of its chest whilst trying to hide in front of a tourist's car away from a hungry cheetah and her cub.
9. Incredible Kruger: Lions hunt impalas at waterhole
This is a perfect example of how you never know what's about to happen in the wild!
10. Male Lions attack and kill baby Hyena
Nature can be cruel! But there's no denying its sheer power and die-hard 'survival of the fittest' principle. This was seen at Kings Camp.
11. Cape buffalo thrills tourists with rare birth sighting
A once-in-a-lifetime sighting when a Cape Buffalo - one of the iconic Big 5 - gave birth right in front of tourists.
12. Incredible Kruger: Unusual battle as bird takes out two snakes
A Grey Headed Bushshrike takes on two Tweak snakes in this rather unusual Kruger incident. Take a look.
This Kruger wildlife sighting sees a rhino and an elephant take each other on.
What to read next on Traveller24:
- From bush to bustle: Returning to the city after spending time in Kruger