Cape Town - South Africa is well-known for her incredible natural offering, of which our 2 500km coastline is certainly noteworthy.
It's, therefore, no surprise that one of the Mother City's most loved beaches has once again claimed global laurels. Camp's Bay beach - the white strip of sand lining SA's most suave beachfront - has been named the 21st-most amazing beach on the globe by the reviewers' platform TripAdvisor, in their Top 25 Beaches in the World survey.
Although a wonderful accolade, the 21st position marks a 4-place drop from last year's 17th place on the Top 25 Beaches in the World list.
Why could this be? One theory, if looking at the reviews on the site, is that Camp's Bay has become a bit too crowded for beach-lovers.
And, looking at the whopping 29.8% increase in tourists during the month of December alone, when compared to the same time in 2015, it's completely understandable.
SEE: Cape Town’s 29.8% summer visitor spike: 4 upswing factors set to see it continue
Reviewers on the TripAdvisor app are also a bit put off by the icy Atlantic waters. And we have to admit, stepping into the sea in Cape Town compares well to doing an ice-bucket challenge... Brrr!
Luckily, the beaches on the other side of SA, on the Sunshine Coast, Wild Coast and East Coast especially, make up for all of the cold in Cape Town.
While we love Camp's Bay beach as much as any other patriotic South African, we also know that international sites like TripAdvisor don't always know about all the little nooks and crannies that make SA amazing.
CHECK OUT Beaches 101: The ultimate summer guide to Durban and surrounds AND Beaches 101: The ultimate summer guide to the Garden Route
Having said this, we cannot deny other places on the globe with equally mesmerising shores.
Whip out your bucket lists, travellers! Here are TripAdvisor's 2017 Top 25 Beaches on the globe:
1. Baia do Sancho - Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
2. Grace Bay - Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
3. Eagle Beach - Palm, Eagle Beach, Aruba
4. Playa Paraiso - Cayo Largo, Cuba
5. Siesta Beach - Siesta Key, Florida
6. La Concha Beach - San Sebastian, Donostia, Spain
7. Playa Norte - Isla Mujeres
8. Radhanagar Beach - Havelock Island, Andaman and Nicobar Islands
9. Elafonissi Beach - Elafonissi, Greece
11. Anse Lazio - Praslin Island, Seychelles
12. Seven Mile Beach - Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman
13. Flamenco Beach - Culebra, Puerto Rico
14. Bavaro Beach - Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
15. Seven Mile Beach - Negril, Jamaica
16. Anakena Beach - Easter Island, Chile
17. Whitehaven Beach - Whitsunday Island, Whitsunday Islands
What to read next on Traveller24:
- Yeah for Gay: Cape Town beaches voted 6th best in the world
- Beaches 101: The ultimate summer guide to Cape Town
- Cape Town’s 29.8% summer visitor spike: 4 upswing factors set to see it continue