The school holidays are around the corner - 24 June to 18 July to be exact. Need some fun, fresh ideas on how to keep the kids entertained or where to head to for a mid-year, mini-break?
This Friday, 20 May between 12pm and 12:30pm we're talking winter holidays and all the amazing things you can do across South Africa in Traveller24_SA's #FindYourEscape twitter chat - so come join in the fun!
Follow the #FindYourEscape hashtag and Traveller24_SA on twitter and the top participant will win R5 000 voucher towards their winter break.
COMPETITION RULES: TRAVELLER24 HOLIDAY PLANNING TWITTER Q&A
1. The promoter of this competition is Media24 Proprietary Limited, acting through its 24.com division ("24.com", "we" or "us").
2. The competition starts on 20 May 2016 12pm and closes on 20 May 2016 at 12.30pm, unless otherwise informed by 24.com.
3. The competition is open to South African residents only.
4. Entrants must be over the age of 18.
5. The following persons are excluded from this competition:
5.1 a director, member, partner, employee or agent of, or consultant to 24.com or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by 24.com; and
5.2 a supplier of goods or services in connection with this competition; and
5.3 the spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members of the parties referred to in 5.1 and 5.2.
6. If you have won a 24.com competition within the last 30 calendar days, you may not participate in this competition.
7. All entries must be made from one of our Platforms. Our "Platforms" refer to our websites, mobile sites, mobile apps or social media platforms where this competition is displayed or advertised. By asking a holiday planning-related question on the @Traveller24_SA Twitter feed during the competition period, you will automatically be entered to stand the chance to win a family holiday voucher for R5000.
8. In respect of each participant, the following complete, valid, true and correct information must be submitted:
8.1 full name and surname;
8.2 e-mail address;
8.3 cellphone number;
8.4 date of birth; and
9. In order to complete an entry, each participant must ask a holiday planning-related question on the @Traveller24_SA Twitter feed during the competition period.
11. Only one entry per individual will be allowed
12. All entries, duly completed, must be received by 24.com before the competition closing date and time. If not, such entry will not be eligible, regardless of the reason for the late receipt of the entry, including due to lost, late or misdirected mail; printing errors; server unavailability; or computer or any other electronic or telecommunications malfunction. All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, or illegible will be void.
13. The prize winner will be selected by the judge at the judge’s discretion from valid participants and announced on or before 1 June 2016
14. The winner's name will be published on the @Traveller24_SA Twitter feed.
15. The winner will also be notified by means of the contact details provided to us on or before 1 June 2016 or as soon as possible thereafter.
16. You are hereby informed of your right to decline:
16.1 the use of your image in marketing material;
16.2 an invitation to participate in any marketing activity;
16.3 an invitation to be present when the draw is taking place or the winner is announced.
17. Unless we make alternative arrangements with the winner, the prize will be sent to the winner via email, in the form of an electronic Travelstart voucher worth R5000.
18. We may require the winner to provide us with additional information as we may reasonably require (like his/her banking details) in order to process and facilitate the payment of the cash prize and your acceptance and/or use of a prize.
19. The prize is non-transferable.
20. We reserve the right to cancel this competition, or to change the rules at our discretion or to change the prize at any time without notice to you.
21. Proof of identity will be required to collect the prize and we reserve the right to refuse payment or handing over of a prize to any potential winner who refuses to, or cannot, provide sufficient documentation to verify his/her identity.
22. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
23. Income and other taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
24. You may not be awarded a prize if it is unlawful for us to supply such a prize to you.
25. No "automated" entries will be allowed and all entries must be made by a natural person manually on our Platforms where the competition is displayed.
26. If any entry has been made in any manner which in 24.com's discretion may provide an entrant with an unfair advantage over other entrants, unless these rules specifically allow such conduct, such entrant will be automatically disqualified from this and all future competitions run by 24.com.
The winner will be awarded one Travelstart voucher worth R5 000 (five thousand rand)